It uses different functions of OpenCV available in Python. It takes an image from the camera and scans for the number plate if it detects any it draws a rectangle around the number plate.
1. We create a CascadeClassifier to detect the number plate.
2. It turns on the camera.
3. It takes an image from the camera.
4. Then we turn the BGR image into a Gray scale image.
5. Then we feed this grayscale image to CascadeClassifier that we created previously.
6. With the help of CascadeClassifier we detect any number plate in the image.
7. If we found any number plate in the image it draws a rectangle around the number plate.
8. It crops the number plate into another window.
9. If s is pressed it saves the cropped image.
10. If Enter is pressed it closes the program.
Submitted by Sangameshwar Dnyaneshwar Manikwar (Sangameshwar18)
Download packets of source code on Coders Packet