By Ayushi Vyas
The Patient Management System supports the application specific to the hospital automation to keep track of various records in the hospital.
In this tutorial, we will learn how to build a Patient Management System that supports the application specific to the hospital automation to keep track of various records in the hospital. The proposed system maintains the patient details, admission details, discharge details, diagnosis details, and also ward details.
It inherits all the properties of computerizing a system which includes quick response, less processing time. Patient Management System is an application developed in Java programming language for effective management of patients in a hospital. The main aim of the project is to provide a computerized service to handle the patients’ details at any hospital.
For this project, we are using the below tech stack:
- Java framework
- NetBeans IDE (Integrated Development Environment) - as it is very easy to make a GUI (graphical user interface) in NetBeans by dragging and positioning the GUI components.
- MySQL server to create databases and tables.
- JDBC (Java database connectivity)
- MySQL-connector to connect the database with java.
1. One can log in with the correct username and password only.
2. Null patient records cannot be saved.
3. One can take diagnosis information of only those patients who are already on record.
4. One can see the full history of patient records.
5. Patient records can be updated.
The system consists of the admin login page, a home page that consists of patient details, diagnosis information, history of the patient, Update Patient Records, information about the hospital, and logout. All the entered data will be stored in a database.
1. Enter the correct username and password to get logged in.
2. The Change View button on the home page is used to move buttons and align them either horizontally or vertically.
3. We can add new patient details and diagnosis information of the patient. We can see the history or previous records and can edit the entered records by clicking the buttons.
4. Enter the details in the Add New Patient Record form and these details get stored in the table patient in MySQL.
5. When we enter the PatientID and search it the table shows the record of the patient having that ID or the error message is shown on the screen.
6. Add the diagnosis details and the record gets stored in MySQL table patient Report.
7. The below JFrame shows the full record of the patient which contains the patient details and diagnosis information.
8. Enter PatientID and search, the whole record of the patient having that id appears and we can edit and update it.
9. The hospital information button shows the information about the hospital.
Submitted by Ayushi Vyas (Ayushi0306)
Download packets of source code on Coders Packet