This project uses Java and a GUI (window-builder) to create an inventory management system for the user to buy/trade and generate receipt for the vehicles seamlessly.
The project performs various operations on the basis of user input and creates a buying receipt for the user to buy/trade the vehicle.
1) Eclipse IDE.
3) GUI: SWING/Window Builder Packages installed from the marketplace.
- must have java installed on the system. (JDK 8 or higher version)
- must have an IDE to run the project. (preferred-Eclipse IDE)
- must have SWING/Window Builder installed on the IDE from the marketplace.
- this java project is created using JFrame which is available under the window builder package.
- the frame has source code and a design as its main component.
- design component
- consists of different panels (to create a single component), labels (to display information), text fields (to take input from the user), buttons (to perform an action when clicked), textarea (to generate a receipt).
- source component (working)
- user runs the application and enters name, address, zip, mobile, email as basic information in the text fields.
- there are checkboxes to include various additional upgrades to attach to the bought vehicle.
- user chooses a car from the list of available cars from the combobox.
- user can either buy a car or trade the same using "trade in a car" and setting the mileage for the same.
- when the user performs either of the above two operations: cost of the car and car mileage is set to the text fields automatically using
- when all the information is entered the user may click the following buttons for which an event/action is performed which are handled by the event handler:
* TOTAL BUTTON:
This button calls an actionPerformed function and calculates the tax, subtotal, and total cost of the vehicle which is to be bought by the user and sets it to their particular textfields.
* RECEIPT BUTTON:
This button also calls an actionPerformed function and gets (using jtxtfield.getText()) all the information entered by the user (name, address, tax, total, subtotal, trade, etc.) and appends them to the receipt textarea generating the vehicle bought/trade receipt.
* RESET BUTTON:
This button -> action performed function and sets all the jtextfields(setText) to either null or 0 depending upon the field.
* EXIT BUTTON:
This button exits the application by asking for a confirmation from the user. (confirmation dialog box is made using JOptionpane.showConfirmDialog()) function.
- Download the ZIP file and extract it.
- Open Eclipse IDE and click on File-> Open Projects from file system -> click on directory -> find and select the extracted directory -> finish.
- Open the Inventory.java file present in com.frames package and click on run from the toolbar.
- Project/Application will be launched.
- Make sure the window-builder plugin is installed from the marketplace.
/**Developed by Abhinav Goswami - Java Programmer Intern at CodeSpeedy Technology Pvt. Ltd.**/
Submitted by Abhinav Goswami (Abhinav123)
Download packets of source code on Coders Packet